Case Study on Blackline Safety
|Geographical Location||Tools Used||Domain Name|
|Canada||Operating System : Linux server
BI Server : Jaspersoft 5.6 community edition
Database : MySQL
ETL : Pentaho Data integration
Connectivity : SSH
Blackline Safety is a global connected safety technology leader, providing comprehensive live-monitoring and wireless gas detection. They help teams working in hazardous environments respond to emergencies in real-time and manage efficient evacuations, accounting for everyone’s safety along the way. They deliver turn-key, work-anywhere connected safety monitoring solution with gas detection, 3G wireless, two-way speakerphone and live monitoring to meet the demanding safety challenges of organizations in over 200 countries.
Blackline safety mainly has products for wirelessly connected lone worker safety monitoring. They mainly had requirement of creating reports for usage of devices which include fleet health, Device usage and compliance, calibration review, recommended maintenance, alert report, zone report etc. Blackline wanted to have three types of report i.e. reports which showed Current analysis (current state data analysis), Period analysis (analysis of data from past 7 days) & Trend analysis (last 6 months analysis). They also had some problem in existing reports which needed to be fixed. They wanted their solution to be White labelled.
Apart from this, they also had a custom requirement which required coding. They wanted a code which can allow making changes in the parameters of the scheduled reports, thus reducing the effort of manually changing the parameters for each and every report.
– Written SQL queries to develop Current, Period & Trend analysis reports using Jaspersoft Studio
– Developed Bar charts, Pie charts & Tabular components for three categories of Reports
– Added Java code to make customizations in Pie chart, Bar chart etc.
– Added custom CSS to make changes in the formatting of the report when exported
– Written code in core Java and used Jaspersoft Rest APIs to make dynamic changes in the scheduled reports
– Changes in the SQL queries and some already existing reports
– ETL Monitoring