Software used: i-report / jasper studio, jasperserver
A)First before creating report keep in mind following things:
- Set page (report) properties
Eg:-Page height,width,left-right margin, orientation
2.Set Same properties for palette elements like text,static
Eg:-Font style,size,horizontal –vertical alignment,
Position type, stretch type.
B)check jasperserver version comp ability, between where you are developing and where you would be deploying.
Steps:-In i-report tool
Goto – tool menu->Options->ireport>General>compability->select version
C) While report uploading on to jasperserver repository
1. Check input control and datasource.
2. Usually make one folder on jasperserver as resources. In that create your input control as well as datasource
3. For adding subreport onto server make subreportJRXML
D) For importing and exporting report from jasperserver
1.JasperReports server should be stopped when using the import and export utilities. This is very important for the import utility to avoid issues with caches, configuration, and security.
2.All command line options start with two dashes (–).
3. You must specify either a directory or a zip file to export to or import from.
4. Make sure the output location specified for an export is writable to the user running the command.
Use the command : Export and Import Utility in Jasper Report Server
Before Importing, go into buildomatic directory of jasper Location: C:\Program Files\jasperreports-server-5.0\buildomatic
For importing JS data :-
Windows: js-import –input-zip(space) <Filename>
Ex: js-import –input-zip(space)”E:Work Space\Unified\Unified Reports\<file name>”
js-import –input-zip(space)”E:Work Space\Unified\Unified Reports\<file name>” –update
For Exporting Jasper Reports:
Exporting project folder from jasper community server
1) Goto PuTTY
Give username and password
2) Go to the location of jasperserver cp 5.0.0(or any version)
[email protected]:cd /opt/jasperreports-server-cp-5.0.0
3) Navigate to buildomatic folder
[email protected]:cd /opt/jasperreports-server-cp-5.0.0/cd buildomatic
4) Execute js-export.sh file with the destination path.
[email protected]:cd /opt/jasperreports-server-cp-5.0.0/buildomatic#./js-export <location of the folder in jasper server> –output-zip <location of exporting folder>/<exporting_filename.zip>